Pfizer and Moderna Covid vaccinations available for ages 5 years and up. Contact Hāmākua-Kohala Health to schedule an appointment to receive your COVID-19 Vaccine.
Please call (808) 930-2751
WEEKLY WALK-IN CLINICS AVAILABLE @ Honokaa Site Location
EVERY THURSDAY 9:00 am to 11:15 am
EVERY FRIDAY 1:30 pm to 3:45 pm
WEEKLY WALK-IN CLINICS AVAILABLE @ Kapaʻau Site Location
EVERY FRIDAY 1:30 pm to 3:45 pm
How We’re Keeping Patients Safe During the COVID-19 Recovery
Guided by our Medical Director and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have taken a number of steps in addition to our standard rigorous infection control measures to ensure our facilities remain safe places for you to confidently receive care.
In-Person Appointments and Procedures
For some of our patients, safety means being seen in-person. Our commitment to you is to provide the care you need, when you need it, as safely and conveniently as possible. Each patient’s individual circumstances will be evaluated by their provider to determine how soon that patient should return for in-person care or a scheduled procedure, or if their care needs could be handled through Telehealth (You can call any of our clinics for information on Telehealth)
Masks and Hand Sanitizer
- Masks for Staff: All staff wear masks to best ensure their safety and the safety of our patients.
- Masks for Patients and Visitors: All patients and anyone with them will be asked to wear a mask or cloth face covering while in our health care facilities. You may bring your own, or if you don’t have one, face masks are available at each location at your request.,
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer is available at each entrance and at numerous locations throughout each clinic. Everyone is asked to sanitize their hands when they enter the building. In addition, each member of our health care staff sanitizes their hands before and after each patient encounter.
Screening and Testing
- Screening for COVID-19 Symptoms: We screen all patients and visitors for COVID-19 symptoms. You will be contacted by your clinic prior to an appointment to ask whether you are experiencing any symptoms. In addition, when you arrive for your appointment, you and anyone with you will also be asked about any cough, fever and other symptoms of respiratory virus infection that you or others in your household may be experiencing.
- COVID-19 Testing: We test all patients who show symptoms and test negative for flu or other medical issue that might appear to be covid19.
Cleaning, Reorganization and Check-In Options
- Common Areas: Areas such as waiting rooms, lobbies and restrooms are cleaned often with special attention to frequently touched surfaces including doorknobs, armrests and handrails.
- Exam Rooms: These are fully cleaned and disinfected between each patient.
- Furniture Rearrangement: We have made special arrangements to support social distancing. We have rearranged furniture in some waiting areas to create more space between patients.
- Waiting Room Organization: Waiting rooms are organized to keep patients separate from patients receiving other types of care. Special arrangements are made for patients being evaluated for COVID-19 or possible COVID-19 to arrive through a specific process and be immediately settled into a private exam room to reduce the chances of other patients being exposed to the virus.